Bothwell Castle Golf Club
Bothwell Castle Golf Club
Course open
History

Bothwell Castle Golf Club was officially opened on the 16th of June 1923 by the Earl of Home (father of Prime Minister Sir Alec Douglas Home). The course covered a 110 acre site situated between the 13th century castle and the then small village of Bothwell.

In 1960 the club were unable to accept an offer to buy the course, which was purchased by a developer. By 1962, building proposals were in place resulting in the club losing 7 holes for housing, and having to develop new ground to replace these holes. This new section of the course opened in 1973.

The club finally purchased the course in 1976 for £70,000, thereby securing its long term future.

In 2002, disaster struck when a fire resulted in the complete destruction of the clubhouse. The club decided to build the replacement clubhouse in a new location closer to the centre of the course, giving us the wonderful facility we have today.
Officially opened in October 2004 by Richard Cole-Hamilton CBE, the Captain of the R&A Golf Club of St Andrews, the clubhouse at Bothwell Castle offers the best amenities available to golfers and guests in the West of Scotland.

In 1997, Lady member Sheila Beckett produced a book on the history of the Club to commemorate its 75th anniversary. Please click on the link below to browse. Thank you to both Sheila and Ian Beckett for their permission to post a copy on our website.

Bothwell Castle Golf Club - A History

The day Peter Thomson and Bob Charles played at BCGC.

 

   

© BOTHWELL CASTLE GOLF CLUB     Phone: 01698 801971     Email: gm@bcgolf.co.uk     CLUBView CMS by WEBCreative UK Ltd